Osmonds set for Isle of Wight show

By a County Press reporter

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Osmonds set for Isle of Wight show

The Osmonds are to perform at Bembridge Coast Hotel on the Isle of Wight in September.

POP icons The Osmonds will perform on the Isle of Wight later this year.

Brothers Merrill, Jay and Jimmy, who shot to fame in the 1970s thanks to hits such as Crazy Horses, Love me for a Reason, Puppy Love and Long Haired Lover from Liverpool, will play a show at Bembridge Coast Hotel on Saturday, September 28.

The Osmond's, who have sold more than 77 million records, will perform hits from throughout their back catalogue.

Comments

by Annabel Reagan

10th April 2013, at 13:41:15

Yes I loved him in Hogan Knows Best - wonderful TV.

by augustus miller

10th April 2013, at 12:04:24

damned fine chap hogan, world ballooning champion once i shouldnt wonder

by Adnil Idrasul

10th April 2013, at 11:21:39

I had a posting removed once, because the subject matter was religious. Whilst we are not on that same subject, I too feel that Kevin should not take this too personally and God willing he will come back stronger from this. My thoughts and prayers are with you kevin.

by Paul Strauss

10th April 2013, at 10:06:49

Mr Froment, if I had a penny for every time I had a posting removed I'd have between 3-4p in the last year alone. I use it to spur me on to bigger and better posts! So don't let them grind you down and get right back on that horse! Come on Fromers, you can do it!

by kevin froment

9th April 2013, at 20:14:43

i see my last post was removed, was it a little too close to the mark i wonder, well to save you deleting anymore i will sign off and not sign back on

by augustus miller

9th April 2013, at 16:44:18

I'll be your long-haired lover from Liverpool
And I'll do anything you say,
I'll be your clown or your puppet or your April fool
If you'll be my sunshine daisy from LA,
I'll be your leprechaun and sit upon an old toadstool,
I'll serenade you till I'm old and grey,
I'll be your long-haired lover from Liverpool,
You'll be my sunshine daisy from LA.

You'll be my lovely daisy on a mountainside,
There are lots of other flowers too,
But all the other flowers hung their heads and cried,
Because the loveliest of all them was you,
But you were evidently the exception to the rule,
I picked you quickly then I ran away,
'Cos I'm your long-haired lover from Liverpool,
You are my sunshine daisy from LA.

I'll be your long-haired lover from Liverpool
And I'll do anything you ask,
I'll be your clown or your puppet or your April fool,
Cut my hair, I'll even wear a mask,
I'll be your Valentineand you'll be mine and things will be cool,
We'll move along together every day,
I'll

by augustus miller

9th April 2013, at 16:35:34

popicons, shame i dont have the time or inclination to be your long haired lover from liverpool, indeed my hair is quite short and i'm from durham

by Paul Strauss

9th April 2013, at 15:26:41

Mr Majors, you are quite wrong. None of them have ever had face-lifts or indeed tooth-whitening. It is simply that they insist on being photgraphed in a wind tunnel, under ultraviolet lights. In fact, the clincher for them supporting me at the Crab and Lobster was that I provide them each with industrial strength fans, to be blown at them the whole time they are on stage. It cost me £500 to hire the equipment which my £15 fee (plus 2 free drinks) doesn't quite cover, but I simply couldn't let my public down. If anyone has an ultraviolet light would they let me know?

by kay mollyneux

9th April 2013, at 14:34:20

No it is recent and as far as i am aware they have not had facelifts,my buddy Merrill said he never would,And he is not papa smurf that is so rude. The Osmonds are wonderful people,wish i could come but doing there shows in Bogner on the sunday.Have a good time people.SMILE AND OSMOND SMILE from Pandakay

by John Lennon

9th April 2013, at 13:45:26

Why is Jeremy Beadle in the picture? I thought he was dead?

More Entertainment