Osmonds set for Isle of Wight show

By a County Press reporter

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Osmonds set for Isle of Wight show

The Osmonds are to perform at Bembridge Coast Hotel on the Isle of Wight in September.

POP icons The Osmonds will perform on the Isle of Wight later this year.

Brothers Merrill, Jay and Jimmy, who shot to fame in the 1970s thanks to hits such as Crazy Horses, Love me for a Reason, Puppy Love and Long Haired Lover from Liverpool, will play a show at Bembridge Coast Hotel on Saturday, September 28.

The Osmond's, who have sold more than 77 million records, will perform hits from throughout their back catalogue.

Comments

by Jonathan Franzen

10th April 2013, at 14:08:29

Just got back from having coffee with Michel Houellebecq. We discussed the importance of Pablo Neruda. Michel thought it was as much political as poetic. Sometimes he gets on my nerves as I just wanted to drink my Diet Lilt in peace. And he has never heard of the Osmands. What an idiot!

by Annabel Reagan

10th April 2013, at 13:41:15

Yes I loved him in Hogan Knows Best - wonderful TV.

by augustus miller

10th April 2013, at 12:04:24

damned fine chap hogan, world ballooning champion once i shouldnt wonder

by Jonathan Franzen

10th April 2013, at 11:51:15

While on the subject of famous people I met Paul Hogan once. Him and that other Oz fellow that got killed by a stingray. There's a message there : Don't get killed by a stingray. Oh and check out 'Crocodile Dundee 2' ...vastly underrated IMO.

by Adnil Idrasul

10th April 2013, at 11:21:39

I had a posting removed once, because the subject matter was religious. Whilst we are not on that same subject, I too feel that Kevin should not take this too personally and God willing he will come back stronger from this. My thoughts and prayers are with you kevin.

by Paul Strauss

10th April 2013, at 10:06:49

Mr Froment, if I had a penny for every time I had a posting removed I'd have between 3-4p in the last year alone. I use it to spur me on to bigger and better posts! So don't let them grind you down and get right back on that horse! Come on Fromers, you can do it!

by kevin froment

9th April 2013, at 20:14:43

i see my last post was removed, was it a little too close to the mark i wonder, well to save you deleting anymore i will sign off and not sign back on

by Jonathan Franzen

9th April 2013, at 17:13:43

I remember the Osmond boys from back in the day when I used to operate as a shoe shine off Argyll Street and they were headlining the Palladium with their hilarious Black & White Minstrel skit. Always used to tip very well did Merril and genuinely found them to be very professional. Shame about the older brother Boris though, nasty business to my mind Tarbuck got away with murder. Literally.

by augustus miller

9th April 2013, at 16:44:18

I'll be your long-haired lover from Liverpool
And I'll do anything you say,
I'll be your clown or your puppet or your April fool
If you'll be my sunshine daisy from LA,
I'll be your leprechaun and sit upon an old toadstool,
I'll serenade you till I'm old and grey,
I'll be your long-haired lover from Liverpool,
You'll be my sunshine daisy from LA.

You'll be my lovely daisy on a mountainside,
There are lots of other flowers too,
But all the other flowers hung their heads and cried,
Because the loveliest of all them was you,
But you were evidently the exception to the rule,
I picked you quickly then I ran away,
'Cos I'm your long-haired lover from Liverpool,
You are my sunshine daisy from LA.

I'll be your long-haired lover from Liverpool
And I'll do anything you ask,
I'll be your clown or your puppet or your April fool,
Cut my hair, I'll even wear a mask,
I'll be your Valentineand you'll be mine and things will be cool,
We'll move along together every day,
I'll

by augustus miller

9th April 2013, at 16:35:34

popicons, shame i dont have the time or inclination to be your long haired lover from liverpool, indeed my hair is quite short and i'm from durham

More Entertainment