Cowes Enterprise College on the Isle of Wight.
PLANS for Cowes Enterprise College students to move into their new school building have been hit by further delay.
It was the latest in a series of delays to have hit the project, which was originally due to have been ready in time for the start of the school year in September.
That date was pushed back and pupils were then due to move into the new £32m complex next Tuesday, but school bosses this week admitted it was still not ready.
Chair of governors Alan Wells said in a statement issued today (Tuesday): "It is a great shame we are not to be able to meet our previously published timeline.
"However, it became clear at a meeting of project partners that a number of aspects of staff training and development to ensure both the college’s safe operation and appropriate safeguarding of all pupils on the new site, require a little more time."
A new handover date has not been given. Mr Wells said it should not be significantly beyond November 19.
Isle of Wight Council deputy director for schools and education services Janet Newton said: "This is a hugely important move for the college and we agree everything must be in place to enable a smooth transfer.
"If that means there is a further small delay before full and safe occupation of this state of the art facility then so be it.
"Despite a tremendous effort from all concerned it has just not been possible to pull back all the time lost through the unusually wet conditions over the summer."
A parent who contacted the County Press to raise concerns about the delays said: "Anyone with any common sense could see it was nowhere near finished weeks ago.
"Both my children attend the school and I am really concerned they will not even move in this side of Christmas, given the lack of progress on the site.
"This will cause disruption to lessons, as most teachers have already provisioned for teaching in the new building at the start of next term."