Councillors welcome beach cafe upgrade

By David Newble

Sunday, January 6, 2013

PLANS to upgrade a beachfront cafe at Sandown, which includes converting a former public toilet into a holiday flat, have been approved by planners.

The project will feature a roof terrace at The Beach Shack and a single-storey extension to the premises.

The alterations would mean customers could be served in all weathers, the Isle of Wight Council’s planning committee heard.

Cllr Susan Scoccia said: "It is a vast improvement on what is there and will be a valuable business on the front."

Reporter: davidn@iwcpmail.co.uk

Comments

7th January 2013, at 17:37:43

""by alan naylor

7th January 2013, at 14:24:50

If I am on the Sandown beach for the afternoon can somone tell me how far away is the puplic toilet if I have to go and I really have to go""

It is now 17.38 and I do hope you found out ;-)

by alan naylor

7th January 2013, at 14:24:50

by Kevin Barclay-Jay

6th January 2013, at 16:21:34

Nice for that end of Sandown...Sandown South outshines its sister constituency of Sandown North in every way. The Toilet should have been bought by the council and put back into use as a public convienience ( the nearest to the beach)...but that would never happen with a Tory Council and a Tory councillor...so at least it won't stand derelct and ignored like the other end of Town

by Stephen Elliott

6th January 2013, at 14:21:30

Lol

by Keith Hunnybun

6th January 2013, at 12:46:06

"Mike Crowe in positive comment shock" - This must go front page on Friday!

6th January 2013, at 10:12:15

Is this the place right at the end of the Esplanade next to the Blue Lagoon as was and the start of Lake Revetment?

Always seems busy there, good for them.