Farewell video tells students — you're Simply the Best

By Ross Findon

Friday, May 23, 2014

Farewell video tells students — you're Simply the Best

Headteacher Peter Shaw tells students at Carisbrooke College 'you're simply the best'.

STAFF at an Isle of Wight school paid a musical tribute to Year 11 pupils as they left for the summer today (Friday).

To mark the final day of the school year, staff — including headteacher Peter Shaw — lip-synced to the Tina Turner hit Simply the Best for a farewell video posted on YouTube.

Featuring some crazy dance moves, the video proved a hit with students who cheered as it was shown during a special assembly.

Watch the view below:

Reporter: ross.findon@iwcp.co.uk

Comments

by sue denham

26th May 2014, at 13:06:14

Jane told me about this at work this morning. OMG, it is absolutely fantastic. Really great to see teachers and pupils having such fun!! Made me feel jealous that we didn't do that when i was a pupil.

by Jane kerr

25th May 2014, at 16:18:44

Message for the Teachers, every chance you could win Let Me Entertain You ITV.com, upload your video now could be seen and shown next weekend. £200.00 winnings either donate to school or take your year11 pupils for a burger. You have a really good chance

by Tony Tiltman Jnr

25th May 2014, at 11:00:17

Baz, i left school a year before you, what a difference a year makes.

by Baz Taylor

24th May 2014, at 23:01:29

Absolutely FANTASTIC!! Well done to the staff and Year 11 pupils! Ignore the negative comments from some people on here. They're just jealous they didn't have such great staff!
I left school in 1968 and wish I had teachers HALF as good as these!

by Tony Tiltman Jnr

24th May 2014, at 20:42:02

GH and AD i dont know much about modern day teaching only that i have observed the end product, it does not feel me with much hope. I am sorry if this loss of hope does not fall within your immediate relationships but i have always tried look at the bigger picture.

by Francis Hicks

24th May 2014, at 18:43:33

What a great send-off! As a former member of staff I would have loved to have been part of that! Francis Hicks, Geography, 1993-2000

by Jane kerr

24th May 2014, at 17:38:53

Not sure why that repeated my comment three times but hey ho 3rd time lucky

by Jane kerr

24th May 2014, at 17:37:33

Have watched it about six times and all I have to say is blooooooming fantastic. I do not want to give my age away however, lets say the cane was in use in my era..... eat your heart out Waterloo Road

by Jane kerr