Tell Wightlink bosses what you think

By a County Press reporter

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIGHTLINK will hold more 'meet the managers' events during the coming months, giving people another chance to quiz company bosses.

Chief executive Russel Kew and his team will be talking to customers at Yarmouth, Fishbourne and Ryde, to find out what they think about services.

Previous events have been held at the Ryde terminal and onboard the St Faith car ferry.

Mr Kew said: "Our senior managers and I value these opportunities to meet our customers face-to-face and discover their opinions of our services. We have listened with interest to their observations at past events and have taken many of their suggestions on board."

The question and answer sessions will be held at the Yarmouth terminal on Tuesday, March 25, from 6pm to 8pm, at Fishbourne on Wednesday, May 28, from 2pm to 4pm, and at Ryde Pier Head on Thursday, July 31, at a time yet to be decided.

Comments

by Don Prescott

24th January 2014, at 09:22:29

@Jack,

The "support" shot up after my comments yesterday and is now 942!

Maybe I should run this take over bid!
One guy on there wrote: "Nowhere in Europe does an island have such expensive ferry connections"

There are several examples of the fallacy of that statement.
For example a day return from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura, 2 adults, 1 child in an MPV £150.

But another wrote:"A word of caution regarding CIC type organisations. Remember ecoisland, this turned out to be a scam."

I know which one I believe.

by Keven Ball

23rd January 2014, at 20:36:23

I feel there should be a discount for islanders - proof of address and then a card that entitles people of the IOW a discount travel pass?

by Jack Woodford

23rd January 2014, at 19:37:10

Don. Very apposite post as always, dude. People these days have no qualms at all about telling bare faced lies from behind the safety of a keyboard. Funny how the additional hostility towards the ferry company - and Wightlink in particular - coincides with the launch of the Bryan Ferry Campaign....

by Keven Ball

23rd January 2014, at 17:35:44

There should be a pass for islanders to use the ferries cheaper for work/business reasons, I guess this doesn't happen?

by Keven Ball

23rd January 2014, at 17:10:13

@ Neil
Didn't the prices recently go up for vehicles on the ferry? It is crazy how can people afford this?

23rd January 2014, at 15:42:28

Short stay visitors. EXACTLY who Premier Inn are targeting in another thread ;-)

by Richard Walker

23rd January 2014, at 13:05:47

I heard on Radio Solent this morning that short-stay visitors to the Island were up by some large percentage bringing £millions to the Island. Presumably, this means an increase in takings for the ferry companies and their profits were up correspondingly because I did not notice an increase in their costs due to increased services to cope with the extra visitors.

Personally, I don't recall any portion of the £millions coming my way so where has it gone? Who benefits from all these visitors? The ferry companies and the owners of the tourist venues, hotels, etc.! The rest of us just get the pain of the increased traffic. It would be nice to think that the increase in visitors resulted in a decrease in the ferry fares for the residents.

by ROBERT SMITH

23rd January 2014, at 12:33:57

ITS ok talking to the senior manages, BUT do they ever listen?

It remind me of an old saying
THESE NON AS DEAF, AS THEM THAT DONT WONT TO HEAR.

Are you hearing Wightlink........

by Mark Occomore

23rd January 2014, at 11:58:55

last one from me today:
Nissan Navara - Day return Wightlink = £165.60
Nissan Navara - Day return Red Funnel = £39.50
I wonder which one all us crewcab drivers on the island will choose?
Well done Wighlink!

by Mark Occomore

23rd January 2014, at 11:49:26

Also, I did try to speak to the senior managers on my way back on the St Faith last week. Trouble was the queue was so long with people complaining that we had docked before I got my turn! See you at Yarmouth on the March 25th!