Vodafone problems for Isle of Wight customers

By Matthew Mckew

Friday, July 11, 2014

SIGNAL problems on the Isle of Wight for some Vodafone customers have been blamed on a 'hardware’ issue.

Customers in the Newport area first reported problems on Wednesday.

A spokeswoman for Vodafone said: "The team is now looking into this as a matter of priority. We’d like to say sorry to customers in the area who may have been experiencing any problems with our coverage at the moment."

Reporter: matthewm@iwcpmail.co.uk

Comments

by Baz Taylor

12th July 2014, at 18:49:39

I'm with O2. It's just the same with them. I walk around outside my home, up and down the road until I get a signal. If I'm lucky, it might last more than a minute!

by steve paul taylor

12th July 2014, at 14:08:14

Don't bother switching !
None of the providers give a **** about the signal on the IOW
we are carrot crunchers according to them with no need of a proper
phone signal.

by Pete Westhorpe

12th July 2014, at 06:47:44

I hear they have a very good signal inside the vodaphone shop in Newport (how could they sell any phones without it ?). Surely they wouldn't mind if people popped in to make a call or two ?

by Owen Burson

11th July 2014, at 21:43:55

Carl - how did you get the release from contract. I have had enough of paying for a service that I do not get unless I go to the mainland.

by James McAdder

11th July 2014, at 15:14:30

Vodafone?

Useless without these problems. STILL only 2G coverage in Newport.

by Bryan Reed

11th July 2014, at 14:10:05

Vodafone seem to have a lot of problems with their hardware all over the island - maybe they should invest in some additional metal coathangers and stronger duct tape to supplement their existing cornflake packet and milk bottle top infrastructure

by carl palmer

11th July 2014, at 12:47:27

when we had a problem in sansown I got voda to release us from 6 contracts and we kept the handsets

by Richard Marlow

11th July 2014, at 12:04:56

Vodafone are taking our money by false pretences.
I get daily signal loss usually 9am - about midday, then again in the evening.
I live in Wootton Bridge and 600 yards from me are the biggest "gaggle" of mobile phone aeriels I've ever seen.
The Vodafone record I've logged is the other night when I tried to send a picture message at 6.14pm. I left the phone and it eventually went at 8.39pm without me touching the phone.
Try to get a refund off Vodafone, you'd get better odds winning the Euro-millions lottery.

by Graham Lee Badger Trust IOW

11th July 2014, at 11:34:24

Are Vodaphone reading this story and comments?

If so, it is rubbish, always has been since day one on the island, write a text, press send, send send send send send send send fail. Try to get on t'internet fail, fail, fail, fail fail.

And yet I still have to pay for this superb service.

Love it, my phone is a great little ornament.

by Marie Bevan

11th July 2014, at 10:39:30

Hope vodaphone reimburse those affected!!!